There are at home blood type kits. During the pandemic this is a business that should've raged on. I only recently tried it out as doing insurance tests and other lab work they never test for your blood type. So when doing an at home kit test I was able to determine that my blood type is A+
So here are some fun facts about blood type A+ and a way for me to easily check and confirm my blood type if ever in an emergency and its needed to be known:
- Blood type A+ is the second most common blood type in the United States, making up about 34% of the population.
- People with A+ blood have A antigens on their red blood cells and Rh factor on their cell surface, which makes it a positive blood type.
- A+ blood can be donated to people with A+ and AB+ blood types, while it can receive blood from A+, A-, O+, and O- blood types.
- A+ blood type is more common in some ethnic groups, such as Caucasians and Asians, compared to others.
As for famous people with A+ blood type, here are a few examples:
- Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom
- Bill Clinton, former President of the United States
- George H.W. Bush, former President of the United States
- Tom Hanks, American actor
- Hugh Jackman, Australian actor
- Jackie Chan, Hong Kong martial artist and actor
- Psy, South Korean singer and rapper
- Steve Jobs, co-founder of Apple Inc.
Of course, these are just a few examples, and there are many more famous people with A+ blood type.